Retail Warehouse Associate Position
The mission of the ReBuilding Exchange is to divert building materials from landfills and make them accessible to the public for reuse, in order to protect community health, create jobs and protect natural resources. The ReBuilding Exchange does this through the promotion of sustainable deconstruction practices, by making used build materials available for purchase at low costs, by providing educational resources and by creating programming that builds community and rebuilds Chicago’s neighborhoods.
- Day‐to‐day sales and customer service.
- Loading and unloading trucks.
- Cleaning, stocking and organizing inventory.
- Support delivery team, periodically performing pick ups and deliveries.
- Merchandising and operations in a Retail Warehouse setting.
- Housekeeping duties.
- Support on‐line marketing and sales activities.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Familiarity with construction, deconstruction and/or salvaged material concepts preferred, not required.
- Ability to operate power tools.
- Friendly and outgoing demeanor.
- Must be a self‐starter and show initiative.
- Spanish speaker preferred, but not required.
- Knowledge of point of sales systems.
- Forklift experience or ability to be trained to operate a forklift.
- Must be able to work in a fast‐paced environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Responsible, dependable and honest.
- This is a warehouse environment with the occasional need to work outside. There is a high noise level and significant amount of dust.
- The facility is not air conditioned and can have large swings in temperature throughout the year.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time and walk on uneven surfaces.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds with or without assistance.
This position is a temporary part-time, hourly paid position. Shifts are 9:45-6:15, and will require some weekend days. Part-time employees are eligible for some benefits, including a store discount.
Rebuilding Exchange is an equal opportunity employer. No phone calls, recruiters or walk-ins, please. Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of the position. To apply, email cover letter and resume as one pdf to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Retail Warehouse Associate”.