- Architect Magazine, July 1, 2014
Inside the Rebuilding Exchange
- Architect Magazine, November 27, 2013
Pay It Forward: Five Products that Keep on Giving
- Metropolis Magazine, March 7, 2013
The Craft of Reuse: Rebuilding Exchange brings construction waste and the local community together.
- Chicago Talks, December 17, 2012
Great piece on new Cook County demolition recycling and reuse ordinance & how deconstruction can help achieve diversion goals!
- Good Magazine, December 11, 2012
RX Made: How We’re Upcycling Building Waste and Creating Jobs
- Sustainable Chicago Magazine - Winter 2012
Rebuilding Exchange moves to a new location at 1740 West Webster! Read more about our new space, RX Made product launch and new program offerings!
- Huffington Post — December 4, 2012
RX Made launches a new product line to upcycle building waste, catalyze local production, and create local jobs.
- Time Out Chicago — August 16, 2012
Article about DIY classes in Chicago features Rebuilding Exchange’s “Make It/Take It” workshops, where participants can make their own wooden benches.
- Huffington Post — August 15, 2012
Interview with sales associate Tyrone Cotton about his employment at Rebuilding Exchange.
"ReBuilding Exchange Helps Ex-Offenders Get A Job, Recycles Old Houses In The Process"
- Dose Market blog — July 13, 2012
Chicago’s Dose market explains why they love RX Made products
- Time Out Chicago magazine — May 3, 2012
Write-up about recycling in Chicago explains how to donate to the Rebuilding Exchange after a home rehab.
- WTTW’s Chicago Tonight — May 1, 2012
TV news segment highlights the RX’s inventory and training program for “ex-offenders needing a new path in life.”
- Chicago Home & Garden magazine — April 25, 2011
“Design Dose” blog post on the array of materials and home accessories found at the Rebuilding Exchange
- Time Out Chicago magazine— April 19, 2012
Article on RX Made furniture line, with quotes from director of education Cynthia Main and photos of artist-in-residence, leather worker Casey Gunschel
- WGN News — April 18, 2012
“Around Town” TV news segment on the Rebuilding Exchange’s line of RX Made furniture from reclaimed building materials
- The Atlantic magazine — April 6, 2012
Meg’s Great Rooms HGTV - Feature on the Rebuilding Exchange’s initiatives and projects, from The Atlantic’s “Cities” blog.
- Chicago magazine — April 2012
Rebuilding Exchange founder Elise Zelechowski is named one of Chicago magazine’s five Green Awards recipients of 2012.
- Time Out Chicago magazine— March 14, 2012
Environmental consultant Jenny Babcock names the Rebuilding Exchange as one of her favorite green places to visit.
- Chicago Tribune — March 2, 2012
Newspaper article on the deconstruction efforts of the Rebuilding Exchange
- WGN’s “Bring It Home” with Rochelle Vayo Adkinson — July 10, 2011
Host Rochelle Vayo Adkinson shops for kitchen appliances at the Rebuilding Exchange in this episode titled “Multi-Purpose Kitchen.”
- Apartment Therapy — March 18, 2011
Store profile of our “Upcycler’s Paradise” includes a photo gallery of the new space at 2160 N. Ashland Ave.
- Our Urban Times newspaper — March 10, 2011
Feature about how the Rebuilding Exchange is a cost-effective resource for home rehabbing projects.
- Crain’s Chicago Business — February 24, 2011
Q&A with Rebuilding Exchange founder Elise Zelechowski highlights the RX’s move to a bigger space.
- CanTV — February 23, 2011
The RX creates a set piece for CAN-TV’s newsroom.
- Racked Chicago — March 10, 2011
Blog post celebrates the Rebuilding Exchange’s new, expanded space.
- Grow Awareness Media — October 18, 2010
The Field Museum’s Ryan Hollon and Rebuilding Exchange’s Elise Zelechowski discuss the partnership between the two organizations.
- WGN News — April 21, 2010
“Around Town” TV news segment takes stock of Rebuilding Exchange’s materials for reuse.
- CBS Chicago — January 7, 2010
“Warehouse Offers Used Building Materials For Less”
- Nest: Sustainable Homes Inside and Out blog— January 7, 2010
“Use It or Lose It, Part I” is a profile of ReBuilding Exchange, with emphasis on the cost-saving benefits of using reclaimed materials
- Eco-Structure: A Magazine of American Architects, April 2009
Magazine feature about the deconstruction process, with a write-up about Rebuilding Exchange
- WTTW’s Chicago Tonight — April 14, 2009
Rebuilding Exchange featured in the video series “Chicago Matters: Beyond Burnham.”
- Medill Reports — April 9, 2009
Video profile of Rebuilding Exchange in its original warehouse space.
- Sustainable Chicago magazine — March 4, 2009
“The End of Demolition” details the mission of Rebuilding Exchange and other city-wide deconstruction efforts.
- Apartment Therapy — February 17, 2009
Write-up celebrates the grand opening of Rebuilding Exchange.
- ABC News Chicago — April 23, 2009
TV news segment on how the Rebuilding Exchange helps divert construction debris from landfills.
- Time Out Chicago blog — January 6, 2009
A follow-up to the August magazine article, this blog post announces the official launch party for Rebuilding Exchange.
- Time Out Chicago magazine — August 25, 2008
Interview with Rebuilding Exchange executive director Elise Zelechowski on the organization’s founding.
- Chicago Reader — July 24, 2008
Newspaper feature on deconstruction practices in Chicago.