Volunteer groups and individuals are invited to join us any day of the week during store hours. Rebuilding Exchange provides an educational, fun, and often physically exhilarating experience for volunteers. Volunteers are critical to the success of our organization and the benefits volunteers receive are numerous. Volunteering gives you the opportunity to connect to a large sustainability community, while boosting your skills!
As a Rebuilding Exchange volunteer, you might be asked to help with loading and unloading vehicles, sorting materials (trim, lumber, electrical supplies, lighting), painting, pulling nails, sweeping, measuring doors, helping with merchandising material, administrative tasks, greeting customers, special events, and outreach. Our needs are different from day to day and we always have tasks for you to help us with.
Please complete the volunteer form below to get started.
Please note that completion of this application does not guarantee a matching Volunteer Position will be available.
A few things to keep in mind before you volunteer:
- Always wear closed-toed shoes. Work boots are great; steel-toed shoes are best.
- Wear clothes you don’t mind getting dirty.
- Bring work gloves if you have them. (We have extras, but it’s nice to wear your own.)
- Bring a water bottle and snacks in case you get hungry.
- Be sure to sign in and sign out on the volunteer log when you complete a volunteer shift.
- BE SAFE! We are a very safety-conscious organization. The nature of our inventory in the warehouse means that there are nails, sharp corners, tripping hazards, and piles that are sometimes unstable. If you lift anything, be sure to use safe lifting techniques. Know your restrictions. If you are unsure, ask a staff person. Be alert.