2 Day Make It Take It: Mixed Hardwood Cutting Board CHICAGO
10/13/2022 @ 6:30 pm - 9:30 pm CDT$150.00 - $180.00
Everyone needs a cutting board, why not make yours a masterpiece? Take our 2-day workshop to create a beautiful and unique cutting board using reclaimed hardwood cutoffs. You’ll be able to assemble your wood from different types of hardwoods, giving color and dimension to your project. From there we’ll instruct you on how to assemble your cutting board using glue and clamps. In the second class you’ll refine and finish your cutting board and then protect and condition it with walnut oil. We’ll also cover proper cutting board maintenance, so you’ll be able to keep your cutting board looking good for years to come.
Boards will be no larger than 10″x12″x1″ or 120-125 square inches, and no more than 1″ thick.
THIS IS A TWO DAY WORKSHOP. The class will take place on 2 consecutive days of the week (2 Fridays, 2 Saturdays, etc.). Attendance on both days is required.
Note: If the ticket type you want is not available, we may be able to accommodate! Email us at email@example.com to ask.
NEW CANCELLATION POLICY EFFECTIVE 11/01/21
REFUNDS AND EXCHANGES
If you can’t make it to a class, you can transfer your ticket to someone else. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with their name and email address.
If Rebuilding Exchange needs to cancel a workshop, we will notify you 24 hours before the class and give you the option of refund or reschedule.
We do not currently offer other refunds or transfers between classes.
STUDENT SAFETY DURING COVID
Your safety is our highest priority at Rebuilding Exchange, so we have put safety protocols in place for all of our in-person workshops to keep everyone safe. Those protocols are:
- Reduced class sizes (no more than 8 participants in a class).
- All instructors, assistants, and participants are no longer required to wear masks while attending workshops, but we still strongly encourage them (we do not have enough masks to provide to everyone, so you must provide your own mask).
- Instructors and participants may be required to have their temperature taken (using a touchless thermometer) prior to the start of the class.
- Social distancing will be implemented when possible and appropriate.
- Breaks will be provided during the class for handwashing.
- Everyone should follow recommended safety precautions, such as coughing into your elbow and refraining from touching their face.
- All of the tools, equipment, door handles, cabinet and drawer handles, etc. that are touched will be disinfected both before and after the workshop.
Workshop Policies: Please review policies below before committing to a workshop.
- All workshops are 18+; no woodworking experience necessary;
- If Rebuilding Exchange needs to cancel a workshop, we will notify you 24 before the class and give you the option of refund or reschedule;
- If you are unable to attend your one-time workshop, email us 48-hours before the class starts. If you are unable to make your series class, email us one week before the class starts;
- Materials are included in the fee for the workshop; and
- One couple’s ticket allows for two people to make one item together.