March 2023 Class meets from 2:30-5:30 Saturday March 18, 25, April 1, 15 & 22. April 8 class meets from 10:00-1:00.
Beginning Woodworking students will learn the fundamentals of woodworking through hands-on workshop projects and theory-oriented lecture sessions. Students will be taught how to identify and understand lumber, design/plan simple projects, and use hand tools and power tools with safe and effective technique.
The goal of this class is to take anyone new to the wonderful world of woodworking and guide them towards independence in their future endeavors as a craftsperson or DIY weekend warrior. All are welcome! —from the complete novice to the trepidatious beginner woodworker looking to expand their skill set and confidence level.
To put the learning into practice, each student will build a keepsake box consisting of a variety of joints, each reflecting an important learning objective to be shown off as a reminder of skills gained. This box is a functional container as well as a collection of practice techniques.
• Additional parking available along Hartrey St. or in the lot at the southwest corner of Dempster and Hartrey.
• This workshop is 18+; no woodworking experience necessary.
• All materials are included in the workshop fee.
• Please wear long pants, closed toe shoes with a flat heel and avoid loose jewelry or baggy clothing.
REFUNDS & EXCHANGES
• If you can’t make it to a class, you can transfer your ticket to someone 18 or older. Just email Indigo@rebuildingexchange.org with their name and email address.
• If the Rebuilding Exchange needs to cancel a workshop, we will notify you 24 hours before the class and give you the option of refund or reschedule.
• We do not currently offer other refunds or transfers between classes.
We are not able to accommodate last minute attendees. If a workshop is sold out, there are no open spots.