Creative Reuse: Make a Lamp Out of ANYTHING! – EVANSTON
10/01/2022 @ 10:30 am - 2:00 pm CDT$100.00
Wondering what to do with that cool old whiskey bottle from Dad or the piece of driftwood you brought home from vacation? Turn it into a lamp! Join Lead Educational Instructor, Frank, as we dive in, get creative and problem solve our way into transforming everyday items into functional lighting.
In this workshop, you will learn basic electrical skills while constructing a lamp out of reclaimed material. You will learn how to wire a lamp socket and plug, and get creative with the items you bring in.
You bring the thing; we will provide wire, sockets, switches and plugs.
This will be a small class to allow for ample one-on-one time and the chance to learn from other participant’s projects. Depending on the complexity of the build, you may finish early.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org a photo of the item you plan to turn into a lamp prior to the workshop
• Saturday workshop participants please park along Hartrey St. or in the lot at the southwest corner of Dempster and Hartrey.
• This workshop is 18+
• Dress safely and appropriately! Please wear closed toe shoes with a flat heel and avoid loose jewelry or baggy clothing.
• Masks encouraged.
Refunds and Exchanges:
• If you can’t make it to a class, you can transfer your ticket to someone 18 or older. Just email email@example.com with their name and email address.
• If the Rebuilding Exchange needs to cancel a workshop, we will notify you 24 hours before the class and give you the option of refund or reschedule.
• We do not currently offer other refunds or transfers between classes.