Rebuilding Exchange and Evanston Lands are partnering on a festive workshop featuring reuse and flowers. What could be better??
In this workshop you’ll start with building a flower press from reclaimed wood. Presses will be roughly 9″x12″ and capable of pressing several layers of flowers at once.
Once your press is built you’ll learn to use it! We will chat about how to select, prepare and press flowers in traditional presses. Special attention will be paid to how to avoid browning and breakage. A few simple tricks really do work!
After learning how to press the fresh blooms, we will work with pre-pressed flowers and handmade papers to create cards and keepsakes for framing.
All materials, including a wide assortment of fresh and pre-pressed flowers, are included.
• Additional parking available along Hartrey St. or in the lot at the southwest corner of Dempster and Hartrey.
• This workshop is 18+; no woodworking experience necessary.
• All materials are included in the workshop fee.
• Please wear closed toe shoes with a flat heel and avoid loose jewelry or baggy clothing.
REFUNDS & EXCHANGES
• If you can’t make it to a class, you can transfer your ticket to someone 18 or older. Just email Indigo@rebuildingexchange.org with their name and email address.
• If the Rebuilding Exchange needs to cancel a workshop, we will notify you 24 hours before the class and give you the option of refund or reschedule.
• We do not currently offer other refunds or transfers between classes.
We are not able to accommodate last minute attendees. If a workshop is sold out, there are no open spots.