Home Improvement: How to Rewire A Light Fixture CHICAGO
09/29/2022 @ 6:30 pm - 9:30 pm CDT
Want to reuse those light fixtures but aren’t sure if they’re safe? Light fixtures often come with frayed, cracked, and/or missing wiring which may present an unsafe or inoperable installation. In this hands-on how-to workshop you will learn how to replace damaged or missing wiring for a safe, functional installation.
Bring your own fixture or shop RX for a light fixture (50% off with workshop registration)
Learn how to disassemble, rewire and reassemble your fixture
Learn what parts may be required to install your fixture
Prior to the workshop please email a photo of your fixture to email@example.com and include any known issues with your fixture like a missing or broken part.
All materials are included in the class fee.
*Please note, on rare occasions fixures may be beyond repair or require professional services.
Please read the workshop policies below!
NEW CANCELLATION POLICY EFFECTIVE 11/01/21
REFUNDS AND EXCHANGES
If you can’t make it to a class, you can transfer your ticket to someone else. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with their name and email address.
If Rebuilding Exchange needs to cancel a workshop, we will notify you 24 hours before the class and give you the option of refund or reschedule.
We do not currently offer other refunds or transfers between classes.
STUDENT SAFETY DURING COVID
Your safety is our highest priority at Rebuilding Exchange, so we have put safety protocols in place for all of our in-person workshops to keep everyone safe. Those protocols are:
- Reduced class sizes (no more than 8 participants in a class).
- All instructors, assistants, and participants are no longer required to wear masks while attending workshops, but we still strongly encourage them (we do not have enough masks to provide to everyone, so you must provide your own mask).
- Instructors and participants may be required to have their temperature taken (using a touchless thermometer) prior to the start of the class.
- Social distancing will be implemented when possible and appropriate.
- Breaks will be provided during the class for handwashing.
- Everyone should follow recommended safety precautions, such as coughing into your elbow and refraining from touching their face.
- All of the tools, equipment, door handles, cabinet and drawer handles, etc. that are touched will be disinfected both before and after the workshop.
Workshop Policies: Please review policies below before committing to a workshop.
All workshops are 18+; no woodworking experience necessary;
If Rebuilding Exchange needs to cancel a workshop, we will notify you 24 before the class and give you the option of refund or reschedule;
Projects and materials must be picked up within one week of the class ending. Rebuilding Exchange reserves the right to sell any projects or materials left behind after the week end;
If you are unable to attend your one-time workshop, email us 48-hours before the class starts. If you are unable to make your series class, email us one week before the class starts; and
One couple’s ticket allows for two people to make one item together.