From the garden to the garage to the dining room, benches are the ultimate utility furniture. In this workshop you will construct your own bench from reclaimed wood. The instructor will guide you through all things safety related so you can confidently build your bench and develop woodworking skills. You will make measurements, cuts, and assemble a work of art your behind will surely enjoy. No prior experience is necessary and equipment is provided.
*We will use materials currently available in the warehouse so the look of finished projects may vary from the photo.
• Additional parking available along Hartrey St. or in the lot at the southwest corner of Dempster and Hartrey.
• This workshop is 14+; children under 18 must attend with an adult using a Couples Ticket; no woodworking experience necessary.
• All materials are included in the workshop fee.
• Safety glasses are required and hearing protection and N95 masks are strongly encouraged when working with power tools and wood. We will provide safety equipment for all students, though you are welcome to bring your own from home if you prefer.
• Wear closed-toe shoes — no sandals! (no exceptions)
• Long hair must be tied back.
• Do not wear any dangling jewelry or baggy clothing.
REFUNDS AND EXCHANGES
• If you can’t make it to a class, you can transfer your ticket to someone 18 or older. Just email firstname.lastname@example.org with their name and email address.
• If the Rebuilding Exchange Evanston needs to cancel a workshop, we will notify you 24 hours before the class and give you the option of refund or reschedule.
• We do not currently offer other refunds or transfers between classes.
We are not able to accommodate last minute attendees. If a workshop is sold out, there are no open spots.