- This event has passed.
Make It Take It: Mirror Frame CHICAGO
04/08/2023 @ 10:30 am - 1:30 pm CDT
The only thing better than looking at yourself, is admiring yourself in a mirror made from your own hands. Be conceited and use the cause of reuse to admire yourself. In this class you will select, plan, and assemble salvaged mirrors and reclaimed wood to make your own custom mirror. Singles and couples tickets are available. No fighting for facetime couples, you only make one mirror.
This workshop requires the use of several tools, including a nail gun. We provide ear protection, but if the nail gun is too loud for you, you may step away while it is being used.
Note: If the ticket type you want is not available, we may be able to accommodate! Email us to ask.
NEW CANCELLATION POLICY EFFECTIVE 11/01/21
REFUNDS AND EXCHANGES
If you can’t make it to a class, you can transfer your ticket to someone else. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with their name and email address.
If Rebuilding Exchange needs to cancel a workshop, we will notify you 24 hours before the class and give you the option of refund or reschedule.
We do not currently offer other refunds or transfers between classes.
STUDENT SAFETY DURING COVID
Your safety is our highest priority at Rebuilding Exchange, so we have put safety protocols in place for all of our in-person workshops to keep everyone safe. Those protocols are:
- Reduced class sizes (no more than 8 participants in a class).
- All instructors, assistants, and participants will be required to wear masks while attending workshops (we do not have enough masks to provide to everyone, so you will be required to provide your own mask).
- Instructors and participants may be required to have their temperature taken (using a touchless thermometer) prior to the start of the class.
- Social distancing will be implemented when possible and appropriate.
- Breaks will be provided during the class for handwashing.
- Everyone should follow recommended safety precautions, such as coughing into your elbow and refraining from touching their face.
- All of the tools, equipment, door handles, cabinet and drawer handles, etc. that are touched will be disinfected both before and after the workshop.
Workshop Policies: Please review policies below before committing to a workshop.
- All workshops are 18+; no woodworking experience necessary;
- If Rebuilding Exchange needs to cancel a workshop, we will notify you 24 before the class and give you the option of refund or reschedule;
- If you are unable to attend your one-time workshop, email us 48-hours before the class starts. If you are unable to make your series class, email us one week before the class starts;
- Materials are included in the fee for the workshop; and
- One couple’s ticket allows for two people to make one item together.