Create your own little garden oasis with minimal space required. You’ll build a planter (roughly 15”L x 15”D x 18”H) from reclaimed wood, large enough to hold a 5 gal. pot (provided). Learn to measure, cut to length and fasten your wood together.
Please note we will use materials available in the warehouse at the time of the workshop so the finished piece may look slightly different from the sample.
• Additional parking available along Hartrey St. or in the lot at the southwest corner of Dempster and Hartrey.
• This workshop is 15+; Children under 18 must have a parent sign a waiver; no woodworking experience necessary.
• All materials are included in the workshop fee.
• Safety glasses are required and hearing protection and N95 masks are strongly encouraged when working with wood. We will provide safety equipment for all students, though you are welcome to bring your own from home if you prefer.
• Wear closed-toe shoes — no sandals! (no exceptions)
• Long hair must be tied back.
• Do not wear any dangling jewelry or baggy clothing.
REFUNDS AND EXCHANGES
• If you can’t make it to a class, you can transfer your ticket to someone 18 or older. Just email firstname.lastname@example.org with their name and email address.
• If the Rebuilding Exchange Evanston needs to cancel a workshop, we will notify you 24 hours before the class and give you the option of refund or reschedule.
• We do not currently offer other refunds or transfers between classes.
We are not able to accommodate last minute attendees. If a workshop is sold out, there are no open spots.