- This event has passed.
Make It Take It: Serving Tray CHICAGO
11/13/2022 @ 10:30 am - 1:30 pm CST
Join us for an RX Workshop favorite and make your own unique reclaimed wood serving tray!
In this workshop, you will learn basic woodworking skills while constructing a serving tray out of reclaimed wood and drawer pulls/cabinet handles (optional). You will choose from a variety of tray design options and use the chop saw and brad nailers to assemble the tray.
This workshop requires the use of several tools, including a nail gun. We provide ear protection, but if the nail gun is too loud for you, you may step away while it is being used.
The dimensions for this project are approximately 18″ long x 12″ wide x 2″ tall.
Note: If the ticket type you want is not available, we may be able to accommodate! Email firstname.lastname@example.org to ask.
NEW CANCELLATION POLICY EFFECTIVE 11/01/21
REFUNDS AND EXCHANGES
If you can’t make it to a class, you can transfer your ticket to someone else. Please email email@example.com with their name and email address.
If Rebuilding Exchange needs to cancel a workshop, we will notify you 24 hours before the class and give you the option of refund or reschedule.
We do not currently offer other refunds or transfers between classes.
STUDENT SAFETY DURING COVID
Your safety is our highest priority at Rebuilding Exchange, so we have put safety protocols in place for all of our in-person workshops to keep everyone safe. Those protocols are:
- Reduced class sizes (no more than 8 participants in a class).
- All instructors, assistants, and participants are no longer required to wear masks while attending workshops, but we still strongly encourage them (we do not have enough masks to provide to everyone, so you must provide your own mask).
- Instructors and participants may be required to have their temperature taken (using a touchless thermometer) prior to the start of the class.
- Social distancing will be implemented when possible and appropriate.
- Breaks will be provided during the class for handwashing.
- Everyone should follow recommended safety precautions, such as coughing into your elbow and refraining from touching their face.
- All of the tools, equipment, door handles, cabinet and drawer handles, etc. that are touched will be disinfected both before and after the workshop.
Workshop Policies: Please review policies below before committing to a workshop.
- All workshops are 18+; no woodworking experience necessary;
- If Rebuilding Exchange needs to cancel a workshop, we will notify you 24 before the class and give you the option of refund or reschedule;
- If you are unable to attend your one-time workshop, email us 48-hours before the class starts. If you are unable to make your series class, email us one week before the class starts;
- Materials are included in the fee for the workshop; and
- One couple’s ticket allows for two people to make one item together.
We are not able to accommodate last minute attendees. If a workshop is sold out, there are no open spots.