- This event has passed.
MITI: Leopold Bench EVANSTON
05/20/2023 @ 10:30 am - 2:30 pm CDT
Aldo Leopold was a conservationist, forester, philosopher, educator, writer, and outdoor enthusiast. Among his best known ideas is the “land ethic” which calls for an ethical, caring relationship between people and nature.
The Leopold family used this bench design at their farm on the Wisconsin River and it became known as the “Leopold Bench.” We think Aldo would approve of this workshop where we will build his bench from reclaimed lumber, saved from the landfill by our own workforce trainees.
The bench measures 48″ long x 28 3/4″ high x 26″ wide
*We will use materials currently available in the warehouse so the look of finished projects may vary from the photo.
• Additional parking available along Hartrey St. or in the lot at the southwest corner of Dempster and Hartrey.
• This workshop is 14+; children under 18 must attend with an adult using a Couples Ticket; no woodworking experience necessary.
• All materials are included in the workshop fee.
• Please wear long pants, closed toe shoes with a flat heel and avoid loose jewelry or baggy clothing.
REFUNDS & EXCHANGES
• If you can’t make it to a class, you can transfer your ticket to someone 18 or older. Just email email@example.com with their name and email address.
• If the Evanston Rebuilding Warehouse needs to cancel a workshop, we will notify you 24 hours before the class and give you the option of refund or reschedule.
• We do not currently offer other refunds or transfers between classes.