- This event has passed.
Mother’s Day Make It Take It: Serving Tray CHICAGO
05/13/2023 @ 2:30 pm - 5:30 pm CDT
Give your mom something amazing and handmade for mother’s day this year to show her how much you care. Join us for this fun 3 hour workshop to make a beautiful serving tray out of reclaimed lumber. The perfect way to serve breakfast in bed! Think your mom would enjoy learning how to make a useful item of reclaimed wood? Sign up for a couples ticket and make it with her! And use our wood burner to burn a message or her initials into your tray when you are done!
Note: If the ticket type you want is not available, we may be able to accommodate! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to ask.
STUDENT SAFETY DURING COVID
Your safety is our highest priority at Rebuilding Exchange, so we have put safety protocols in place for all of our in-person workshops to keep everyone safe. Those protocols are:
- Reduced class sizes (no more than 8 participants in a class).
- All instructors, assistants, and participants will be required to wear masks while attending workshops (we do not have enough masks to provide to everyone, so you will be required to provide your own mask).
- Instructors and participants may be required to have their temperature taken (using a touchless thermometer) prior to the start of the class.
- Social distancing will be implemented when possible and appropriate.
- Breaks will be provided during the class for handwashing.
- Everyone should follow recommended safety precautions, such as coughing into your elbow and refraining from touching their face.
- All of the tools, equipment, door handles, cabinet and drawer handles, etc. that are touched will be disinfected both before and after the workshop.
Workshop Policies: Please review policies below before committing to a workshop.
- All workshops are 18+; no woodworking experience necessary;
- If Rebuilding Exchange needs to cancel a workshop, we will notify you 24 before the class and give you the option of refund or reschedule;
- If you are unable to attend your one-time workshop, email us 48-hours before the class starts. If you are unable to make your series class, email us one week before the class starts;
- Materials are included in the fee for the workshop; and
- One couple’s ticket allows for two people to make one item together.