Consider yourself a real Ron Swanson but no room to have your own workshop? Use ours! We are proud to offer Open Shop, where you’ll have 3.5 hours to work on whatever tickles your fancy (all projects subject to instructor approval).
Open shop is for people with woodworking experience; who know how to use power tools safely. An instructor will be available to provide direction if you need an expert opinion but is not there to teach you how to do your project. If you need significant guidance, please check www.rebuildingexchange.org and click on “Private Instruction” under the “Workshops” tab to learn more about scheduling private instructor time.
We cannot guarantee that your project will be finished in 3.5 hours. Arrangements can be made to store your materials here if you need to come back to finish up at another Open Shop session.
***After registering for open shop, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know what you will be working on in the class. A list of tools/equipment available for use during open shop are provided below.
Materials are not included in the price of Open Shop, but we are happy to offer a 20% discount for materials purchased in our warehouse. We recommend showing up early to pick out materials and prepare to work. The store opens at 10:00.
REFUNDS AND EXCHANGES
If you can’t make it to a class, you can transfer your ticket to someone else. Please email Indigo@rebuildingexchange.org with their name and email address.
If Rebuilding Exchange needs to cancel a workshop, we will notify you 24 hours before the class and give you the option of refund or reschedule.
We do not currently offer other refunds or transfers between classes.
Below is the list of approved tools for Open Shop.
• Saw Stop Professional 1.75 HP Table Saw
• 2 x Bosch Compound Miter Saws
• Delta Band Saw
• Delta 16 ½” Drill Press
• Pinnacle Table Router
• Craftsman 12 ½” Planer
• Rigid Jointer
• Rigid Belt Sander
• Delta Bench Oscillating Spindle Sander
• Baldor Grinder/Buffer
• Bostitch and Porter Cable 16 & 18 Gauge Brad Nailers
• Dewalt 4” Orbital Sanders
• Cordless & corded drills
• Hand routers
***Questions about tools or equipment can be sent to email@example.com
• Open Shop is 18+
• If Rebuilding Exchange needs to cancel a workshop, we will notify you 24 before the class and give you the option of refund or reschedule;
• Projects and materials must be picked up within one week of the class ending. Rebuilding Exchange reserves the right to sell any projects or materials left behind after the week end.
• One couple’s ticket allows for two people to make one item together.
We are not able to accommodate last minute attendees. If a workshop is sold out, there are no open spots.