- This event has passed.
Upgrading Your HVAC – What Homeowners Need to Know CHICAGO
05/21/2023 @ 2:30 pm - 4:30 pm CDTFree
In the US, Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) accounted for 46% of energy consumed by residential and commercial buildings in 2021. New laws and technologies have been designed to bring that number down. Come learn how these changes will impact your home and what you can do to lower your energy usage. We’ll cover:
- The impact of new laws on requirements for home HVAC systems
- Timeline for retrofitting your home
- Overview of new technologies/products to consider
- Key environmental considerations when replacing your HVAC, e.g., refrigerant
- What questions to ask when looking for a contractor
Our presenter is Rory Toelle. Rory is a union trained residential HVAC worker who has been in the industry since 2007. In addition to his industry work, Rory is an instructor in Rebuilding Exchange’s Workforce training program. Rory’s work is environmentally focused with a strong emphasis on the safe disposal of refrigerants.
REFUNDS AND EXCHANGES
If you can’t make it to a class, you can transfer your ticket to someone else. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with their name and email address.
If Rebuilding Exchange needs to cancel a workshop, we will notify you 24 hours before the class and give you the option of refund or reschedule.
We do not currently offer other refunds or transfers between classes.
Workshop Policies: Please review policies below before committing to a workshop.
- All workshops are 18+; no woodworking experience necessary;
- If Rebuilding Exchange needs to cancel a workshop, we will notify you 24 before the class and give you the option of refund or reschedule;
- If you are unable to attend your one-time workshop, email us 48-hours before the class starts. If you are unable to make your series class, email us one week before the class starts;
- Materials are included in the fee for the workshop; and
- One couple’s ticket allows for two people to make one item together.
We are not able to accommodate last minute attendees. If a workshop is sold out, there are no open spots.