- This event has passed.
Upgrading Your HVAC – What Homeowners Need to Know EVANSTON
05/21/2023 @ 10:30 am - 12:30 pm CDTFree
In the US, Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) accounted for 46% of energy consumed by residential and commercial buildings in 2021. New laws and technologies have been designed to bring that number down. Come learn how these changes will impact your home and what you can do to lower your energy usage. We’ll cover:
- How HVAC systems work
- Overview of new technologies/products to consider
- Key environmental considerations when replacing your HVAC, e.g., refrigerant
- What questions to ask when looking for a contractor
Our presenter is Rory Toelle. Rory is a union trained residential HVAC worker who has been in the industry since 2007. In addition to his industry work, Rory is an instructor in Rebuilding Exchange’s Workforce training program. Rory’s work is environmentally focused with a strong emphasis on the safe disposal of refrigerants.
Additional parking available along Hartrey St. or in the lot at the southwest corner of Dempster and Hartrey.
All materials are included in the workshop fee.
REFUNDS & EXCHANGES
• If you can’t make it to a class, you can transfer your ticket to someone 16 or older. Just email email@example.com with their name and email address.
• If the Rebuilding Exchange Evanston needs to cancel a workshop, we will notify you 24 hours before the class and give you the option of refund or reschedule.
• We do not currently offer other refunds or transfers between classes.
We are not able to accommodate last minute attendees. If a workshop is sold out, there are no open spots.