Come discover the potential in hand tools! A surprising number of woodworking projects can be completed with hand tools alone. Start your woodworking journey with the basics or dust off the skills you learned in shop class. We’ll cover measuring and marking, cutting, smoothing and shaping with marking tools, hand saws, planers and chisels.
This workshop is for ages 15+
• Additional parking available along Hartrey St. or in the lot at the southwest corner of Dempster and Hartrey.
• This workshop is 15+; Children under 18 must have a parent sign a waiver; no woodworking experience necessary.
• All materials are included in the workshop fee.
• Safety glasses are required and hearing protection and N95 masks are strongly encouraged when working with wood. We will provide safety equipment for all students, though you are welcome to bring your own from home if you prefer.
• Wear closed-toe shoes — no sandals! (no exceptions)
• Long hair must be tied back.
• Do not wear any dangling jewelry or baggy clothing.
REFUNDS AND EXCHANGES
• If you can’t make it to a class, you can transfer your ticket to someone 15 or older. Just email firstname.lastname@example.org with their name and email address.
• If the Rebuilding Exchange Evanston needs to cancel a workshop, we will notify you 24 hours before the class and give you the option of refund or reschedule.
• We do not currently offer other refunds or transfers between classes.
We are not able to accommodate last minute attendees. If a workshop is sold out, there are no open spots.